Alcoholica Esoterica: A Collection of Useful and Useless Information As It Relates to the History andConsumption of All Manner of Booze - Ian Lendler An entertaining little book with a lot of trivia and little historical tidbits on alcoholic spirits and related topics. Book's arrangement starts with chapters on major alcoholic spirits: rum, vodka, gin, so on. Then it goes on with other pieces of trivia arranged by topic, such as religion and alcohol, the British Navy, and even a bit on temperance and AA. The latter part of the book did not seems as engaging as the earlier parts, maybe because by then some of the stuff seemed like filler. For me, the timing may also be an issue. I had just finished And a Bottle of Rum>/i>, which is a very good history of rum, so a lot of what this book presented I either knew or had read in better detail already. Having said that, it is a nice book to keep around to read in small doses. You will learn a thing or two, and even if you think you know a lot, you may find some curious or neat piece of trivia.