Shut Up, Stop Whining, and Get a Life: A Kick-Butt Approach to a Better Life

Shut Up, Stop Whining, and Get a Life: A Kick-Butt Approach to a Better Life - Larry Winget 2005 was a pretty good year for reading, since I read a lot on the commute when I lived in Houston (about the only good thing out of that hideous commute to the city). Anyhow, here is my impression of this book from my journal back then: >>This is a good, smart, straight forward self-help advice book. I think my director selected it for the business section, but the author addresses all walks of life. Basically, the idea is to take responsibility for your life. Don't like it, change it, but it has to come from you. Also, reminds me of little things like "a deal is a deal" and treat others better than you would yourself. A lot of it actually boils down to love and happiness. If you love what you do, and you are happy, success will come. Things happen, that is life. But get over it, learn and grow, and move on. Winget even does a bit of advocating for reading. He even talks a bit about sex, which is the coolest thing, and a right thing (as in good, not right wing). Teach children this with respect, responsibility, and safety, and the kids will be fine.