A "bad teacher" tells it like it really is in American Education

Confessions of a Bad Teacher: The Shocking Truth from the Front Lines of American Public Education - John Owens

My review of Confessions of a Bad Teacher is now posted on my blog, The Itinerant Librarian. As a former school teacher, college teacher, and now academic librarian, I can say this is one worth reading if you have any interest in U.S school education. An excerpt from my review:

"Public school teachers should find something to relate to in this book. In some cases, it may hit very close to home, especially for good teachers who care and work hard for their students for this is not a book about a "bad" teacher. It is a book about a teacher caught in a very bad system. A lot of parents and community members have no idea what really goes on in public schools; they often fall for the brainwashing scam that school teachers are to blame for every poor school and for every child's ills in schools. That is simply not the case, and John Owens shows why in this book."

Read the rest of the review by clicking on the link: http://itinerantlibrarian.blogspot.com/2013/08/booknote-confessions-of-bad-teacher.html